- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Aug. 19 deadline for Sept. 10 Durand Biker Bash and Chili Shoot Out
Online Staff Report
DURAND, Ill. — Deadline to enter the Sept. 10 Durand Biker Bash and Chili Shoot Out chili competition is Aug. 19.
The Ninth Annual Durand Biker Bash and Chili Shoot Out is set for 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 10, on the town square. The event features free chili and hundreds of motorcycles on display.
Chili sampling begins at 1 p.m., and judging is at 3:30 p.m. Judging will be by an independent panel. Peoples’ Choice awards will also be given for favorite chili, and the public will also select the team with the best theme.
Besides sampling the free chili, the public can walk around the town square and view the cycles on display. Registration starts at 11:30 a.m., and cycles will be judged in various categories at 4 p.m.
Other activities include live music by Rollin Whiskey and the Playground of Sound, food, beverages, vendor booths and raffles.
Proceeds from the event benefit the American Diabetes Association and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
For more information, or chili or vendor entry forms, call (815) 262-3137, or visit www.durandevents.com.