- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Aug. 19 deadline for Sept. 10 Durand Biker Bash and Chili Shoot Out
Online Staff Report
DURAND, Ill. — Deadline to enter the Sept. 10 Durand Biker Bash and Chili Shoot Out chili competition is Aug. 19.
The Ninth Annual Durand Biker Bash and Chili Shoot Out is set for 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 10, on the town square. The event features free chili and hundreds of motorcycles on display.
Chili sampling begins at 1 p.m., and judging is at 3:30 p.m. Judging will be by an independent panel. Peoples’ Choice awards will also be given for favorite chili, and the public will also select the team with the best theme.
Besides sampling the free chili, the public can walk around the town square and view the cycles on display. Registration starts at 11:30 a.m., and cycles will be judged in various categories at 4 p.m.
Other activities include live music by Rollin Whiskey and the Playground of Sound, food, beverages, vendor booths and raffles.
Proceeds from the event benefit the American Diabetes Association and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
For more information, or chili or vendor entry forms, call (815) 262-3137, or visit www.durandevents.com.