- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Aug. 19 deadline for Sept. 10 Durand Biker Bash and Chili Shoot Out
Online Staff Report
DURAND, Ill. — Deadline to enter the Sept. 10 Durand Biker Bash and Chili Shoot Out chili competition is Aug. 19.
The Ninth Annual Durand Biker Bash and Chili Shoot Out is set for 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 10, on the town square. The event features free chili and hundreds of motorcycles on display.
Chili sampling begins at 1 p.m., and judging is at 3:30 p.m. Judging will be by an independent panel. Peoples’ Choice awards will also be given for favorite chili, and the public will also select the team with the best theme.
Besides sampling the free chili, the public can walk around the town square and view the cycles on display. Registration starts at 11:30 a.m., and cycles will be judged in various categories at 4 p.m.
Other activities include live music by Rollin Whiskey and the Playground of Sound, food, beverages, vendor booths and raffles.
Proceeds from the event benefit the American Diabetes Association and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
For more information, or chili or vendor entry forms, call (815) 262-3137, or visit www.durandevents.com.