- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
Dr. Shahina Jafry accepts new clients
Board-certified psychiatrist Dr. Shahina Jafry has opened a new office at Aspen Counseling & Consulting to treat women experiencing emotional challenges related to changes that can result from pregnancy and menopause.
Jafry has training in obstetrics and gynecology, as well as psychiatry. She is experienced in treating premenstrual dysphoric disorders and behavioral health issues that can occur during pregnancy and in the postpartum period. In addition, she is skilled at helping women recover from mood disorders sometimes associated with menopause, including depression and anxiety.
“Dr. Jafrey brings a wealth of professional expertise and compassion to her work,” said Steve Smith, director of Aspen, which is an affiliate of Rosecrance Health Network. “We know there are challenges that are unique to women at particular phases of their lives and that these changes can be concerning and disruptive. In her practice, Dr. Jafry helps women understand and deal with these conditions in a hopeful, healing manner.”
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue