- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Dr. Shahina Jafry accepts new clients
Board-certified psychiatrist Dr. Shahina Jafry has opened a new office at Aspen Counseling & Consulting to treat women experiencing emotional challenges related to changes that can result from pregnancy and menopause.
Jafry has training in obstetrics and gynecology, as well as psychiatry. She is experienced in treating premenstrual dysphoric disorders and behavioral health issues that can occur during pregnancy and in the postpartum period. In addition, she is skilled at helping women recover from mood disorders sometimes associated with menopause, including depression and anxiety.
“Dr. Jafrey brings a wealth of professional expertise and compassion to her work,” said Steve Smith, director of Aspen, which is an affiliate of Rosecrance Health Network. “We know there are challenges that are unique to women at particular phases of their lives and that these changes can be concerning and disruptive. In her practice, Dr. Jafry helps women understand and deal with these conditions in a hopeful, healing manner.”
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue