- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Dr. Shahina Jafry accepts new clients
Board-certified psychiatrist Dr. Shahina Jafry has opened a new office at Aspen Counseling & Consulting to treat women experiencing emotional challenges related to changes that can result from pregnancy and menopause.
Jafry has training in obstetrics and gynecology, as well as psychiatry. She is experienced in treating premenstrual dysphoric disorders and behavioral health issues that can occur during pregnancy and in the postpartum period. In addition, she is skilled at helping women recover from mood disorders sometimes associated with menopause, including depression and anxiety.
“Dr. Jafrey brings a wealth of professional expertise and compassion to her work,” said Steve Smith, director of Aspen, which is an affiliate of Rosecrance Health Network. “We know there are challenges that are unique to women at particular phases of their lives and that these changes can be concerning and disruptive. In her practice, Dr. Jafry helps women understand and deal with these conditions in a hopeful, healing manner.”
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue