- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Dr. Shahina Jafry accepts new clients
Board-certified psychiatrist Dr. Shahina Jafry has opened a new office at Aspen Counseling & Consulting to treat women experiencing emotional challenges related to changes that can result from pregnancy and menopause.
Jafry has training in obstetrics and gynecology, as well as psychiatry. She is experienced in treating premenstrual dysphoric disorders and behavioral health issues that can occur during pregnancy and in the postpartum period. In addition, she is skilled at helping women recover from mood disorders sometimes associated with menopause, including depression and anxiety.
“Dr. Jafrey brings a wealth of professional expertise and compassion to her work,” said Steve Smith, director of Aspen, which is an affiliate of Rosecrance Health Network. “We know there are challenges that are unique to women at particular phases of their lives and that these changes can be concerning and disruptive. In her practice, Dr. Jafry helps women understand and deal with these conditions in a hopeful, healing manner.”
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue