- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Dr. Shahina Jafry accepts new clients
Board-certified psychiatrist Dr. Shahina Jafry has opened a new office at Aspen Counseling & Consulting to treat women experiencing emotional challenges related to changes that can result from pregnancy and menopause.
Jafry has training in obstetrics and gynecology, as well as psychiatry. She is experienced in treating premenstrual dysphoric disorders and behavioral health issues that can occur during pregnancy and in the postpartum period. In addition, she is skilled at helping women recover from mood disorders sometimes associated with menopause, including depression and anxiety.
“Dr. Jafrey brings a wealth of professional expertise and compassion to her work,” said Steve Smith, director of Aspen, which is an affiliate of Rosecrance Health Network. “We know there are challenges that are unique to women at particular phases of their lives and that these changes can be concerning and disruptive. In her practice, Dr. Jafry helps women understand and deal with these conditions in a hopeful, healing manner.”
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue