- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Heritage Credit Union now accepting applications for small grants
The Richard J. McGrath Endowment Fund was created in 2007 to provide small grants for local social organizations in the communities served by Heritage Credit Union. Last year, more than $7,000 was awarded to 16 deserving community groups. Recipients included food pantries, senior citizen organizations and community improvement groups.
Applications are accepted from July 1 to Aug. 31 each year. To be considered for an award in 2011, pick up an application at your local Heritage Credit Union branch or download one at www.heritagecu.org/our-story.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue