- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Heritage Credit Union now accepting applications for small grants
The Richard J. McGrath Endowment Fund was created in 2007 to provide small grants for local social organizations in the communities served by Heritage Credit Union. Last year, more than $7,000 was awarded to 16 deserving community groups. Recipients included food pantries, senior citizen organizations and community improvement groups.
Applications are accepted from July 1 to Aug. 31 each year. To be considered for an award in 2011, pick up an application at your local Heritage Credit Union branch or download one at www.heritagecu.org/our-story.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue