- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Real Estate News: Habitat for Humanity potential homeowners seminar Aug. 27
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) will accept applications for potential homeowners at a seminar Aug. 27. The homes will be built during summer 2012.
To be considered for the homeownership program, an applicant must prove a minimum annual household income of at least $19,200 along with a credit score of 525 or higher and debt ratio of 36 percent or less. The homebuyer must complete at least 300 hours of sweat equity labor in the construction of the home.
Upon completion, homes will be sold at-cost. RAHFH offers a zero-interest loan to qualified families. Mortgage payments range from $475 to $525 per month.
To receive details about the seminar and necessary required documentation for consideration, e-mail the office at email@example.com or call (815) 636-4573.
RAHFH is a nonprofit, ecumenical, Christian housing organization that builds simple, decent and affordable homes with low-income families through partnerships with the community. RAHFH has been serving Winnebago County since 1988 and has built 94 homes in partnership with families in need. Visit www.rockfordhabitat.org.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue