- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Real Estate News: Habitat for Humanity potential homeowners seminar Aug. 27
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) will accept applications for potential homeowners at a seminar Aug. 27. The homes will be built during summer 2012.
To be considered for the homeownership program, an applicant must prove a minimum annual household income of at least $19,200 along with a credit score of 525 or higher and debt ratio of 36 percent or less. The homebuyer must complete at least 300 hours of sweat equity labor in the construction of the home.
Upon completion, homes will be sold at-cost. RAHFH offers a zero-interest loan to qualified families. Mortgage payments range from $475 to $525 per month.
To receive details about the seminar and necessary required documentation for consideration, e-mail the office at email@example.com or call (815) 636-4573.
RAHFH is a nonprofit, ecumenical, Christian housing organization that builds simple, decent and affordable homes with low-income families through partnerships with the community. RAHFH has been serving Winnebago County since 1988 and has built 94 homes in partnership with families in need. Visit www.rockfordhabitat.org.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue