- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Real Estate News: Habitat for Humanity potential homeowners seminar Aug. 27
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) will accept applications for potential homeowners at a seminar Aug. 27. The homes will be built during summer 2012.
To be considered for the homeownership program, an applicant must prove a minimum annual household income of at least $19,200 along with a credit score of 525 or higher and debt ratio of 36 percent or less. The homebuyer must complete at least 300 hours of sweat equity labor in the construction of the home.
Upon completion, homes will be sold at-cost. RAHFH offers a zero-interest loan to qualified families. Mortgage payments range from $475 to $525 per month.
To receive details about the seminar and necessary required documentation for consideration, e-mail the office at email@example.com or call (815) 636-4573.
RAHFH is a nonprofit, ecumenical, Christian housing organization that builds simple, decent and affordable homes with low-income families through partnerships with the community. RAHFH has been serving Winnebago County since 1988 and has built 94 homes in partnership with families in need. Visit www.rockfordhabitat.org.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue