- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Real Estate News: Habitat for Humanity potential homeowners seminar Aug. 27
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) will accept applications for potential homeowners at a seminar Aug. 27. The homes will be built during summer 2012.
To be considered for the homeownership program, an applicant must prove a minimum annual household income of at least $19,200 along with a credit score of 525 or higher and debt ratio of 36 percent or less. The homebuyer must complete at least 300 hours of sweat equity labor in the construction of the home.
Upon completion, homes will be sold at-cost. RAHFH offers a zero-interest loan to qualified families. Mortgage payments range from $475 to $525 per month.
To receive details about the seminar and necessary required documentation for consideration, e-mail the office at email@example.com or call (815) 636-4573.
RAHFH is a nonprofit, ecumenical, Christian housing organization that builds simple, decent and affordable homes with low-income families through partnerships with the community. RAHFH has been serving Winnebago County since 1988 and has built 94 homes in partnership with families in need. Visit www.rockfordhabitat.org.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue