- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Real Estate News: RE/MAX Property Source expands to Belvidere
RE/MAX Property Source, part of the RE/MAX Northern Illinois real estate network, has expanded into Belvidere, Ill., where it has acquired the local office of RE/MAX Key and renamed it RE/MAX Property Source. The office has been relocated to 411 S. State St. in downtown Belvidere, the former office of State Rep. Ron Wait.
Tom Humpal, broker/owner of RE/MAX Property Source, based in Rockford, made the acquisition in late July and intends to enlarge the staff of affiliated agents to 12 within the next year.
“We plan to grow this office substantially over the next 12 months,” Humpal said. “The office and the Belvidere community offer great potential. This is a wonderful time to buy a home, with great values available, and we want to help people achieve that goal.”
No stranger to the residential real estate business, Humpal began selling homes in 1975, and joined RE/MAX earlier this year when he converted his successful, independent brokerage, Humpal Realtors, into RE/MAX Property Source. That office now has a roster of 17 agents.
Humpal said the timing was right to expand into Belvidere. The city’s Chrysler assembly plant is thriving today as Chrysler enjoys a rebound. At the same time, he noted, housing prices in Belvidere appear to be bottoming out.
“This is a good time for us to establish a stronger presence in Boone County,” Humpal said. “I think Belvidere has an excellent location and a strong housing stock. It’s just a short trip from the Chicago suburbs, which makes it an excellent alternative to the higher housing prices in the Chicago area.”
During his career, Humpal has experienced a range of market conditions, some thriving, others more challenging. Today, as he celebrates his expansion into Belvidere with RE/MAX Property Source, Humpal sees many positive signs in the housing market.
“Activity levels are picking up,” he said. “Investors are starting to explore the market. It seems that people are ready to make a move again when it comes to buying a home. An expansion from Rockford into the neighboring community of Belvidere just made sense for us.”
RE/MAX Property Source in Belvidere can be reached at (815) 227-9000. Their website is http://www.propertysource-belvidere.illinoisproperty.com.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue