- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Real Estate News: RE/MAX Property Source expands to Belvidere
RE/MAX Property Source, part of the RE/MAX Northern Illinois real estate network, has expanded into Belvidere, Ill., where it has acquired the local office of RE/MAX Key and renamed it RE/MAX Property Source. The office has been relocated to 411 S. State St. in downtown Belvidere, the former office of State Rep. Ron Wait.
Tom Humpal, broker/owner of RE/MAX Property Source, based in Rockford, made the acquisition in late July and intends to enlarge the staff of affiliated agents to 12 within the next year.
“We plan to grow this office substantially over the next 12 months,” Humpal said. “The office and the Belvidere community offer great potential. This is a wonderful time to buy a home, with great values available, and we want to help people achieve that goal.”
No stranger to the residential real estate business, Humpal began selling homes in 1975, and joined RE/MAX earlier this year when he converted his successful, independent brokerage, Humpal Realtors, into RE/MAX Property Source. That office now has a roster of 17 agents.
Humpal said the timing was right to expand into Belvidere. The city’s Chrysler assembly plant is thriving today as Chrysler enjoys a rebound. At the same time, he noted, housing prices in Belvidere appear to be bottoming out.
“This is a good time for us to establish a stronger presence in Boone County,” Humpal said. “I think Belvidere has an excellent location and a strong housing stock. It’s just a short trip from the Chicago suburbs, which makes it an excellent alternative to the higher housing prices in the Chicago area.”
During his career, Humpal has experienced a range of market conditions, some thriving, others more challenging. Today, as he celebrates his expansion into Belvidere with RE/MAX Property Source, Humpal sees many positive signs in the housing market.
“Activity levels are picking up,” he said. “Investors are starting to explore the market. It seems that people are ready to make a move again when it comes to buying a home. An expansion from Rockford into the neighboring community of Belvidere just made sense for us.”
RE/MAX Property Source in Belvidere can be reached at (815) 227-9000. Their website is http://www.propertysource-belvidere.illinoisproperty.com.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue