- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
Support CASA as a volunteer
Every year, millions of abused and neglected children have become wards of the court. CASA-15th Judicial Circuit (serving Lee, Ogle and Carroll counties) is a program where volunteers are appointed by the court to represent the child’s best interest in an abuse and/or neglect case. These Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) are trained people from our community who speak for these youngsters.
These children are at risk because of their circumstances, i.e., they are abused and/or neglected. The CASA volunteer provides a judge with carefully researched details about the child to help make a sound decision regarding the child’s future. The CASA volunteer reviews all records pertaining to the child, makes recommendations on placement of the child to the judge and follows through on the case until it is permanently resolved. The volunteer is the one consistent person in all these proceedings and providing continuity for the youngster.
We need volunteers for this program. There is no special experience required to be a CASA volunteer. All one needs is a commitment to children and the desire to help.
The American Bar Association, the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges and the Office of the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention of the U.S. Department of Justice have endorsed CASA.
Please think of our children and consider being a CASA volunteer. For more information, please visit our website, www.CASALeeCarroll.com, or call our office at (815) 288-1901.
Ogle County Board Member
CASA Board Member
Lee, Ogle, Carroll counties
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue