- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Thanks for success of Charity Golf Event!
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center would like to thank the sponsors, donors and golfers who made our 24th Annual Charity Golf Event a great success.
A heartfelt thank you to our major sponsors: Butitta Brothers Automotive Services; Gruno’s Diamonds; Harder Sign Co.; Harris Bank; Howe Freightways, Inc.; Liebovich Steel & Aluminum Co.; Olson Funeral and Cremation Services; Riverside Community Bank; Rockford Bank and Trust; and 23 WIFR.
Many, many thanks to Mike Tulley, our event chairman, the planning and sponsorship committees, our in-kind donation “Go Getters” and the volunteers and staff who made the event a success. To the board of directors, members, and Chris, Patrick and the staff of Rockford Country Club, thank you for sharing your lovely facility.
The Rockford community has many generous hearts. Thank you to each of them for supporting our mission to help our patients and families. Live every moment.
Carol A. Bennett, Executive Director
Keith Miller, Community Education Coordinator
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue