- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Thomas the Tank Engine at Illinois Railway Museum in August
UNION, Ill. — Thomas the Tank Engine will pull into The Illinois Railway Museum for the Day Out With Thomas from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Aug. 19-21 and 27-28.
The event offers little engineers and their families the opportunity to take a ride with a 15-ton replica of Thomas the Tank Engine, star of the popular Thomas & Friends series. Children will ride along with their favorite hero on his latest adventure.
The ride lasts approximately 20 minutes, and children will have the opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt, controller of the railway.
Activities include arts and crafts, storytelling, video viewing, live music and mini golf. Merchandise will be available for purchase, and giveaways will focus on steam engines and diesel engines to celebrate the 2011 Thomas & Friends DVD movie, Day of the Diesels, due in September.
Tickets, $18 plus tax for ages 2 and older, are available by calling Ticketweb toll-free at 866-468-7630 or by visiting www.ticketweb.com/thomas.html.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue