- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Thomas the Tank Engine at Illinois Railway Museum in August
UNION, Ill. — Thomas the Tank Engine will pull into The Illinois Railway Museum for the Day Out With Thomas from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Aug. 19-21 and 27-28.
The event offers little engineers and their families the opportunity to take a ride with a 15-ton replica of Thomas the Tank Engine, star of the popular Thomas & Friends series. Children will ride along with their favorite hero on his latest adventure.
The ride lasts approximately 20 minutes, and children will have the opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt, controller of the railway.
Activities include arts and crafts, storytelling, video viewing, live music and mini golf. Merchandise will be available for purchase, and giveaways will focus on steam engines and diesel engines to celebrate the 2011 Thomas & Friends DVD movie, Day of the Diesels, due in September.
Tickets, $18 plus tax for ages 2 and older, are available by calling Ticketweb toll-free at 866-468-7630 or by visiting www.ticketweb.com/thomas.html.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue