- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Thomas the Tank Engine at Illinois Railway Museum in August
UNION, Ill. — Thomas the Tank Engine will pull into The Illinois Railway Museum for the Day Out With Thomas from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Aug. 19-21 and 27-28.
The event offers little engineers and their families the opportunity to take a ride with a 15-ton replica of Thomas the Tank Engine, star of the popular Thomas & Friends series. Children will ride along with their favorite hero on his latest adventure.
The ride lasts approximately 20 minutes, and children will have the opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt, controller of the railway.
Activities include arts and crafts, storytelling, video viewing, live music and mini golf. Merchandise will be available for purchase, and giveaways will focus on steam engines and diesel engines to celebrate the 2011 Thomas & Friends DVD movie, Day of the Diesels, due in September.
Tickets, $18 plus tax for ages 2 and older, are available by calling Ticketweb toll-free at 866-468-7630 or by visiting www.ticketweb.com/thomas.html.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue