- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Thomas the Tank Engine at Illinois Railway Museum in August
UNION, Ill. — Thomas the Tank Engine will pull into The Illinois Railway Museum for the Day Out With Thomas from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Aug. 19-21 and 27-28.
The event offers little engineers and their families the opportunity to take a ride with a 15-ton replica of Thomas the Tank Engine, star of the popular Thomas & Friends series. Children will ride along with their favorite hero on his latest adventure.
The ride lasts approximately 20 minutes, and children will have the opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt, controller of the railway.
Activities include arts and crafts, storytelling, video viewing, live music and mini golf. Merchandise will be available for purchase, and giveaways will focus on steam engines and diesel engines to celebrate the 2011 Thomas & Friends DVD movie, Day of the Diesels, due in September.
Tickets, $18 plus tax for ages 2 and older, are available by calling Ticketweb toll-free at 866-468-7630 or by visiting www.ticketweb.com/thomas.html.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue