- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Thomas the Tank Engine at Illinois Railway Museum in August
UNION, Ill. — Thomas the Tank Engine will pull into The Illinois Railway Museum for the Day Out With Thomas from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Aug. 19-21 and 27-28.
The event offers little engineers and their families the opportunity to take a ride with a 15-ton replica of Thomas the Tank Engine, star of the popular Thomas & Friends series. Children will ride along with their favorite hero on his latest adventure.
The ride lasts approximately 20 minutes, and children will have the opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt, controller of the railway.
Activities include arts and crafts, storytelling, video viewing, live music and mini golf. Merchandise will be available for purchase, and giveaways will focus on steam engines and diesel engines to celebrate the 2011 Thomas & Friends DVD movie, Day of the Diesels, due in September.
Tickets, $18 plus tax for ages 2 and older, are available by calling Ticketweb toll-free at 866-468-7630 or by visiting www.ticketweb.com/thomas.html.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue