- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Vote for Lockwood Park in the Pepsi Refresh competition
I am proud to work at Lockwood Park of the Rockford Park District, and I hope everyone in the Rock River region has been to this beautiful park in northwest Rockford. I am even prouder that we were accepted to compete in the Pepsi Refresh competition for August, and through the efforts of many staff and volunteers, we have saved enough power votes to start off the month in the top 10 out of more than 150 competitors, exactly where we need to be to win $50,000! We want to use this to update our trail and bridges around the park. But we need the community’s help! Please save and share with us your yellow Pepsi bottle caps and power codes on boxes — we can use these to boost our voting power exponentially! You can vote every day for us by texting “108168” to “73774” or visiting www.refresheverything.com/lockwoodrockford and follow our updates at www.facebook.com/friendsoflockwood. I hope the community can rally around us this month and help us stay in the top 10! Thank you.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue