- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Vote for Lockwood Park in the Pepsi Refresh competition
I am proud to work at Lockwood Park of the Rockford Park District, and I hope everyone in the Rock River region has been to this beautiful park in northwest Rockford. I am even prouder that we were accepted to compete in the Pepsi Refresh competition for August, and through the efforts of many staff and volunteers, we have saved enough power votes to start off the month in the top 10 out of more than 150 competitors, exactly where we need to be to win $50,000! We want to use this to update our trail and bridges around the park. But we need the community’s help! Please save and share with us your yellow Pepsi bottle caps and power codes on boxes — we can use these to boost our voting power exponentially! You can vote every day for us by texting “108168” to “73774” or visiting www.refresheverything.com/lockwoodrockford and follow our updates at www.facebook.com/friendsoflockwood. I hope the community can rally around us this month and help us stay in the top 10! Thank you.
From the Aug. 17-23, 2011, issue