- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Jodi Beach Trio performs free concert at Tinker Aug. 21
Online Staff Report
The Jodi Beach Trio will perform a free concert from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 21, at Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens.
The concert is part of the Tinker with Music 2011 Free Summer Outdoor Concert Series.
Audience members are encouraged to bring beach chairs and picnic blankets and enjoy food prepared and served by the Thunder Bay Grille while listening to the music.
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens is at 411 Kent St., Rockford.
Jodi Beach is a seven-time Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) and five-time On the Waterfront Best of Rockford award-winning jazz musician. The trio’s 2010 release, West of the Moon, earned the RAMI for Album of the Year.
“The Jodi Beach Trio will excite and delight with stellar vocal artistry and breathtaking music,” said Kevin Davis, producer of The Pascere Concert.
Beach, who will be joined by drummer and vocalist Ed Bogdonas and guitar/bass player Jim McDowell, began her performance career at the age of 6, singing in church.
The Tinker Museum Gift Shop will be open during the concert and a “sample” tour of the entry level of the cottage will be available following the concert.
Tours of Tinker are available at 1 and 3 p.m., Tuesday-Sunday. Museum admission is $6 for adults, $5 for senior citizens 65 and older, $3 for students ages 5-17, and free for children 4 and younger and museum members.
Call (815) 964-2424 or visit tinkercottage.org for more details.