- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Discovery Center hosts garage sale Aug. 19-20
Have you ever wondered what treasures are in the basement of Discovery Center Museum? This is your time to find out and purchase some one-of-a-kind items for home, school, daycare or office.
Discovery Center Museum will host a garage sale from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, Aug. 19, and 8:30 a.m.-noon, Saturday, Aug. 20.
Items include the following: preschool furniture, office furniture, various tables and chairs, robot, puppet show stage, stop light, popcorn machine, file cabinets, classroom furniture, tools and equipment, exhibit items, slide projector, electronics, sporting equipment, radio studio console, TV, display items, laser disc player, audio video equipment, computer monitors, toys, mannequin and more.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park at 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
Discovery Center Museum is a nonprofit children’s science museum with more than 200 hands-on exhibits, planetarium, special area for children younger than 6, and an award-winning outdoor Science Park. The museum’s hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m., Sundays; and until 7 p.m. on Thursdays through August. Admission is $7 for adults and children ages 2-17, and free for children 1 and younger.
Call (815) 963-6769 or visit discoverycentermuseum.org for details.