- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
Discovery Center hosts garage sale Aug. 19-20
Have you ever wondered what treasures are in the basement of Discovery Center Museum? This is your time to find out and purchase some one-of-a-kind items for home, school, daycare or office.
Discovery Center Museum will host a garage sale from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, Aug. 19, and 8:30 a.m.-noon, Saturday, Aug. 20.
Items include the following: preschool furniture, office furniture, various tables and chairs, robot, puppet show stage, stop light, popcorn machine, file cabinets, classroom furniture, tools and equipment, exhibit items, slide projector, electronics, sporting equipment, radio studio console, TV, display items, laser disc player, audio video equipment, computer monitors, toys, mannequin and more.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park at 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
Discovery Center Museum is a nonprofit children’s science museum with more than 200 hands-on exhibits, planetarium, special area for children younger than 6, and an award-winning outdoor Science Park. The museum’s hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m., Sundays; and until 7 p.m. on Thursdays through August. Admission is $7 for adults and children ages 2-17, and free for children 1 and younger.
Call (815) 963-6769 or visit discoverycentermuseum.org for details.