- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Discovery Center hosts garage sale Aug. 19-20
Have you ever wondered what treasures are in the basement of Discovery Center Museum? This is your time to find out and purchase some one-of-a-kind items for home, school, daycare or office.
Discovery Center Museum will host a garage sale from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, Aug. 19, and 8:30 a.m.-noon, Saturday, Aug. 20.
Items include the following: preschool furniture, office furniture, various tables and chairs, robot, puppet show stage, stop light, popcorn machine, file cabinets, classroom furniture, tools and equipment, exhibit items, slide projector, electronics, sporting equipment, radio studio console, TV, display items, laser disc player, audio video equipment, computer monitors, toys, mannequin and more.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park at 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
Discovery Center Museum is a nonprofit children’s science museum with more than 200 hands-on exhibits, planetarium, special area for children younger than 6, and an award-winning outdoor Science Park. The museum’s hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m., Sundays; and until 7 p.m. on Thursdays through August. Admission is $7 for adults and children ages 2-17, and free for children 1 and younger.
Call (815) 963-6769 or visit discoverycentermuseum.org for details.