- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Discovery Center hosts garage sale Aug. 19-20
Have you ever wondered what treasures are in the basement of Discovery Center Museum? This is your time to find out and purchase some one-of-a-kind items for home, school, daycare or office.
Discovery Center Museum will host a garage sale from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, Aug. 19, and 8:30 a.m.-noon, Saturday, Aug. 20.
Items include the following: preschool furniture, office furniture, various tables and chairs, robot, puppet show stage, stop light, popcorn machine, file cabinets, classroom furniture, tools and equipment, exhibit items, slide projector, electronics, sporting equipment, radio studio console, TV, display items, laser disc player, audio video equipment, computer monitors, toys, mannequin and more.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park at 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
Discovery Center Museum is a nonprofit children’s science museum with more than 200 hands-on exhibits, planetarium, special area for children younger than 6, and an award-winning outdoor Science Park. The museum’s hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m., Sundays; and until 7 p.m. on Thursdays through August. Admission is $7 for adults and children ages 2-17, and free for children 1 and younger.
Call (815) 963-6769 or visit discoverycentermuseum.org for details.