- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Being green just got a little easier
• Local recycling company launches new website; offers services for free
L J Projects recently launched their new website at www.ljprojects.org. The company, with headquarters in Rockford, provides free removal of unwanted items, as well as clean-outs of residential and commercial properties and rural farms, lawn maintenance and handyman projects servicing northern Illinois, southern Wisconsin and central Texas.
The L J Projects website is designed to inform clients of the types of items that are removed by the company (anything containing any and all metals, plus wood, cardboard, furniture, clothing and more) and the all-out clean-up work provided.
“We are a recycling company whose mission is to keep as much as possible out of landfills,” said Leon Torres, founder/owner of L J Projects. “Having a website makes it easier for clients to contact us and is an environmentally-friendly way to promote our business.”
The new website features a link to follow L J Projects on Facebook, where you can read recycling industry and related news, view images of what the company is currently working on and learn about initiatives to make the community a better place.
The site also has a list of partners that support the work of L J Projects. The site can be visited at www.ljprojects.org.
The site is designed and maintained by Computer Business Services, Inc. (CBS), of Beloit, Wis.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue