- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Black male culture downgrades women
A Register Star letter writer Aug. 3 argued that the reason the punch line of a “daughter” joke could be “Mohammed from Iran” but couldn’t be “Tyrone from the West Side” is that “black men aren’t known to subjugate women simply because they are women.”
“Aren’t known”? Well, political correctness may dictate that we don’t talk about it, but the problem is quite real, and serious. And it may be done for egotistical rather than religious reasons, but that just makes it worse, not better.
In fact, our black male subculture downgrades women worse than ever today, “talking trash” about them, and treating them likewise. It practically asks that a male prove his manhood early and often, by the curious method of pollinating flowers and then just walking away.
Hence, our pandemic of single mothers. Our manly-man eventually settles in as a live-in boyfriend. But the kids aren’t his, so he treats them like he probably treats their mother: badly.
If white males even attempted such callous disrespect and contempt, the very same PC police would make sure there’d be hell to pay. “Unconscionable!”
As it is, however, they have an endless supply of “socio-economic” excuses.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue