- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Black male culture downgrades women
A Register Star letter writer Aug. 3 argued that the reason the punch line of a “daughter” joke could be “Mohammed from Iran” but couldn’t be “Tyrone from the West Side” is that “black men aren’t known to subjugate women simply because they are women.”
“Aren’t known”? Well, political correctness may dictate that we don’t talk about it, but the problem is quite real, and serious. And it may be done for egotistical rather than religious reasons, but that just makes it worse, not better.
In fact, our black male subculture downgrades women worse than ever today, “talking trash” about them, and treating them likewise. It practically asks that a male prove his manhood early and often, by the curious method of pollinating flowers and then just walking away.
Hence, our pandemic of single mothers. Our manly-man eventually settles in as a live-in boyfriend. But the kids aren’t his, so he treats them like he probably treats their mother: badly.
If white males even attempted such callous disrespect and contempt, the very same PC police would make sure there’d be hell to pay. “Unconscionable!”
As it is, however, they have an endless supply of “socio-economic” excuses.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue