- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Black male culture downgrades women
A Register Star letter writer Aug. 3 argued that the reason the punch line of a “daughter” joke could be “Mohammed from Iran” but couldn’t be “Tyrone from the West Side” is that “black men aren’t known to subjugate women simply because they are women.”
“Aren’t known”? Well, political correctness may dictate that we don’t talk about it, but the problem is quite real, and serious. And it may be done for egotistical rather than religious reasons, but that just makes it worse, not better.
In fact, our black male subculture downgrades women worse than ever today, “talking trash” about them, and treating them likewise. It practically asks that a male prove his manhood early and often, by the curious method of pollinating flowers and then just walking away.
Hence, our pandemic of single mothers. Our manly-man eventually settles in as a live-in boyfriend. But the kids aren’t his, so he treats them like he probably treats their mother: badly.
If white males even attempted such callous disrespect and contempt, the very same PC police would make sure there’d be hell to pay. “Unconscionable!”
As it is, however, they have an endless supply of “socio-economic” excuses.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue