- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Black male culture downgrades women
A Register Star letter writer Aug. 3 argued that the reason the punch line of a “daughter” joke could be “Mohammed from Iran” but couldn’t be “Tyrone from the West Side” is that “black men aren’t known to subjugate women simply because they are women.”
“Aren’t known”? Well, political correctness may dictate that we don’t talk about it, but the problem is quite real, and serious. And it may be done for egotistical rather than religious reasons, but that just makes it worse, not better.
In fact, our black male subculture downgrades women worse than ever today, “talking trash” about them, and treating them likewise. It practically asks that a male prove his manhood early and often, by the curious method of pollinating flowers and then just walking away.
Hence, our pandemic of single mothers. Our manly-man eventually settles in as a live-in boyfriend. But the kids aren’t his, so he treats them like he probably treats their mother: badly.
If white males even attempted such callous disrespect and contempt, the very same PC police would make sure there’d be hell to pay. “Unconscionable!”
As it is, however, they have an endless supply of “socio-economic” excuses.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue