- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Cheesemaking, camping and farmer training courses at Angelic Organics
Rockford has been a big supporter of the Angelic Organics Learning Center over the years. The Center has a number of interesting activities planned for the end of the summer and beginning of fall. Highlighted are some of the events planned for August, September and October.
From Fields to Kitchen programs take participants on a journey from the farm to the kitchen as they prepare some of their favorite dishes.
• Cheesemaking: Sept. 25
• Cheesemaking 2 — Hard Cheeses: Sept. 11
• Cheese AND Bread!: Sept. 17
• Handmade Pasta: Sept. 18
• Apples from Cider to Sauce: Sept. 24
Family Events gives parents and children the opportunity to learn where food comes from in a fun and interactive way.
• Home-milked Ice Cream: Aug. 27
• Animal Day for Families: Aug. 28
• Family Farm Overnight: Sept. 3-4
• Preschoolers! Fresh Food from the Farm: Sept. 9
• Cornbread from the Ground Up: Oct. 22
• Food Day Celebration for Homeschoolers: Oct. 24
• Walking Tour of Angelic Organics: Sept. 24
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue