- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Cheesemaking, camping and farmer training courses at Angelic Organics
Rockford has been a big supporter of the Angelic Organics Learning Center over the years. The Center has a number of interesting activities planned for the end of the summer and beginning of fall. Highlighted are some of the events planned for August, September and October.
From Fields to Kitchen programs take participants on a journey from the farm to the kitchen as they prepare some of their favorite dishes.
• Cheesemaking: Sept. 25
• Cheesemaking 2 — Hard Cheeses: Sept. 11
• Cheese AND Bread!: Sept. 17
• Handmade Pasta: Sept. 18
• Apples from Cider to Sauce: Sept. 24
Family Events gives parents and children the opportunity to learn where food comes from in a fun and interactive way.
• Home-milked Ice Cream: Aug. 27
• Animal Day for Families: Aug. 28
• Family Farm Overnight: Sept. 3-4
• Preschoolers! Fresh Food from the Farm: Sept. 9
• Cornbread from the Ground Up: Oct. 22
• Food Day Celebration for Homeschoolers: Oct. 24
• Walking Tour of Angelic Organics: Sept. 24
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue