- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
Cheesemaking, camping and farmer training courses at Angelic Organics
Rockford has been a big supporter of the Angelic Organics Learning Center over the years. The Center has a number of interesting activities planned for the end of the summer and beginning of fall. Highlighted are some of the events planned for August, September and October.
From Fields to Kitchen programs take participants on a journey from the farm to the kitchen as they prepare some of their favorite dishes.
• Cheesemaking: Sept. 25
• Cheesemaking 2 — Hard Cheeses: Sept. 11
• Cheese AND Bread!: Sept. 17
• Handmade Pasta: Sept. 18
• Apples from Cider to Sauce: Sept. 24
Family Events gives parents and children the opportunity to learn where food comes from in a fun and interactive way.
• Home-milked Ice Cream: Aug. 27
• Animal Day for Families: Aug. 28
• Family Farm Overnight: Sept. 3-4
• Preschoolers! Fresh Food from the Farm: Sept. 9
• Cornbread from the Ground Up: Oct. 22
• Food Day Celebration for Homeschoolers: Oct. 24
• Walking Tour of Angelic Organics: Sept. 24
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue