- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Critter Camp thanks the community
Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary would like to thank everyone who helped make our Second Annual Benefit Party Saturday, Aug. 13, a success! Despite the inclement weather and many other local activities happening on the same date, Critter Camp raised $1,300.
Thank you to Manny’s Pizza in Freeport, The Iron Skulls Motorcycle Association of Pecatonica, The Crunchy Frogs Band, The Sasparillas Band, the Loose Screw Bar & Grill in German Valley, and the many people who donated their time, energy, auction items and money at the event!
We’d also like to say a special thanks to the Freeport Golden K Kiwanis. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Please visit our website, www.CritterCamp.org, to sign up for our free e-mail newsletter to keep up with the latest on our rescued animals.
And don’t forget to VOTE every day in August for Critter Camp in the Pepsi Refresh Everything Contest — we are currently winning $50,000! See details on our site as well. Thank you!
Beth Randall, Director
Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary
German Valley, Ill.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue