- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Critter Camp thanks the community
Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary would like to thank everyone who helped make our Second Annual Benefit Party Saturday, Aug. 13, a success! Despite the inclement weather and many other local activities happening on the same date, Critter Camp raised $1,300.
Thank you to Manny’s Pizza in Freeport, The Iron Skulls Motorcycle Association of Pecatonica, The Crunchy Frogs Band, The Sasparillas Band, the Loose Screw Bar & Grill in German Valley, and the many people who donated their time, energy, auction items and money at the event!
We’d also like to say a special thanks to the Freeport Golden K Kiwanis. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Please visit our website, www.CritterCamp.org, to sign up for our free e-mail newsletter to keep up with the latest on our rescued animals.
And don’t forget to VOTE every day in August for Critter Camp in the Pepsi Refresh Everything Contest — we are currently winning $50,000! See details on our site as well. Thank you!
Beth Randall, Director
Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary
German Valley, Ill.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue