- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- Editorial: Got the giving spirit? Here are some places to spread it
- Week 16 NFL picks: Colts will top Cowboys, Manziel will get first win
- NIU Huskies face Marshall Thundering Herd in Boca Raton Bowl
Crusader Community Health Loves Park celebrates opening of new clinic
Crusader Community Health will hold a ribbon cutting/press conference at 4 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 25, to celebrate the opening of its fourth location, Crusader Community Health Loves Park, 6115 N. Second St., Loves Park.
Crusader received a grant through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in December 2009, of which $4,215,606 supported the cost of this new facility. The 13,660-square-foot clinic, designed by David Hagney, Hagney Architects, Inc., encompasses 18 exam rooms, four dental operatories, a dental lab, two procedure rooms, a children’s play area and a patient learning center. The LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) Silver building utilized green principles in its design to maximize efficiencies and energy conservation.
“This fourth Crusader Community Health location will greatly improve access to care at a time when demand for Crusader services is growing, now exceeding 43,500 individual patients annually,” said Gordon Eggers Jr., president and CEO, Crusader Community Health.
The clinic will open for service Sept. 6, and will be staffed by Dr. Heather Barrett, Obstetrics; Dr. Holly Bartman, DDS, dentist; Dr. Gary Fernando, pediatrician; Katherine Schenck, physician assistant, Family Medicine; Heather Sharp, nurse practitioner, Pediatrics; and Dr. Ana Zavadzkas, Family Practice. Other specialty care will be provided.
Crusader Community Health, a federally-qualified health center, provides affordable, quality health care for people in need. A sliding fee discount is available for the uninsured and Medicaid, Medicare and many private insurance plans are accepted. Crusader has three other locations: Crusader Community Health on West State Street, 1200 W. State St., Rockford; Crusader Community Health on Broadway-Uram Building, Broadway & Seventh Street, Rockford; Crusader Community Health Belvidere, 1050 Logan Ave., Belvidere.
The community is invited to attend a community open house from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Aug. 27. There will be tours, refreshments, door prizes and giveaways.
Crusader is accepting new patients. For an appointment, call (815) 490-1600. For more information, visit www.crusaderhealth.org.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue