- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Mendelssohn PAC to hold welcome reception for Beverly Broyles Aug. 26
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will hold a welcome reception for its new executive director, Beverly Broyles, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 26, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford. Broyles was formerly employed by Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum.
The reception will be hosted by Bob Quimby, president of the board, and Andrea Gibbs, outgoing executive director. Refreshments will be provided.
The event is free to the public, but reservations are requested so Mendelssohn will know how many people will be coming. RSVP to Laura Schweitzer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mendelssohn at (815) 964-9713.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue