- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Mendelssohn PAC to hold welcome reception for Beverly Broyles Aug. 26
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will hold a welcome reception for its new executive director, Beverly Broyles, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 26, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford. Broyles was formerly employed by Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum.
The reception will be hosted by Bob Quimby, president of the board, and Andrea Gibbs, outgoing executive director. Refreshments will be provided.
The event is free to the public, but reservations are requested so Mendelssohn will know how many people will be coming. RSVP to Laura Schweitzer at email@example.com or call Mendelssohn at (815) 964-9713.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue