- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Mendelssohn PAC to hold welcome reception for Beverly Broyles Aug. 26
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will hold a welcome reception for its new executive director, Beverly Broyles, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 26, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford. Broyles was formerly employed by Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum.
The reception will be hosted by Bob Quimby, president of the board, and Andrea Gibbs, outgoing executive director. Refreshments will be provided.
The event is free to the public, but reservations are requested so Mendelssohn will know how many people will be coming. RSVP to Laura Schweitzer at email@example.com or call Mendelssohn at (815) 964-9713.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue