- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Mendelssohn PAC to hold welcome reception for Beverly Broyles Aug. 26
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will hold a welcome reception for its new executive director, Beverly Broyles, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 26, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford. Broyles was formerly employed by Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum.
The reception will be hosted by Bob Quimby, president of the board, and Andrea Gibbs, outgoing executive director. Refreshments will be provided.
The event is free to the public, but reservations are requested so Mendelssohn will know how many people will be coming. RSVP to Laura Schweitzer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mendelssohn at (815) 964-9713.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue