- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Mendelssohn PAC to hold welcome reception for Beverly Broyles Aug. 26
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will hold a welcome reception for its new executive director, Beverly Broyles, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 26, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford. Broyles was formerly employed by Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum.
The reception will be hosted by Bob Quimby, president of the board, and Andrea Gibbs, outgoing executive director. Refreshments will be provided.
The event is free to the public, but reservations are requested so Mendelssohn will know how many people will be coming. RSVP to Laura Schweitzer at email@example.com or call Mendelssohn at (815) 964-9713.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue