- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Out of the Darkness Rockford Community Walk for suicide prevention Sept. 10
Suicide is the 11th leading cause of death in the United States. A walk to save lives, the Out of the Darkness Rockford Community Walk will be held Saturday, Sept. 10, at Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, Rockford. Check-in is at 10 a.m.; the walk will begin at 11 a.m.
You can walk to raise awareness, and help reduce the stigma of depression, bipolar disorder and other mood disorders, and suicide. Walk to honor a loved one, and to support the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Register online now at http://asfp.donordrive.com/event/rockford. There is no minimum fund-raising requirement, and no registration fee to participate in this event. A walk flier is available at http://www.afsp.org/files/Field_Staff/Rockford_Walk_Flier.pdf.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue