- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
Out of the Darkness Rockford Community Walk for suicide prevention Sept. 10
Suicide is the 11th leading cause of death in the United States. A walk to save lives, the Out of the Darkness Rockford Community Walk will be held Saturday, Sept. 10, at Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, Rockford. Check-in is at 10 a.m.; the walk will begin at 11 a.m.
You can walk to raise awareness, and help reduce the stigma of depression, bipolar disorder and other mood disorders, and suicide. Walk to honor a loved one, and to support the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Register online now at http://asfp.donordrive.com/event/rockford. There is no minimum fund-raising requirement, and no registration fee to participate in this event. A walk flier is available at http://www.afsp.org/files/Field_Staff/Rockford_Walk_Flier.pdf.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue