- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Out of the Darkness Rockford Community Walk for suicide prevention Sept. 10
Suicide is the 11th leading cause of death in the United States. A walk to save lives, the Out of the Darkness Rockford Community Walk will be held Saturday, Sept. 10, at Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, Rockford. Check-in is at 10 a.m.; the walk will begin at 11 a.m.
You can walk to raise awareness, and help reduce the stigma of depression, bipolar disorder and other mood disorders, and suicide. Walk to honor a loved one, and to support the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Register online now at http://asfp.donordrive.com/event/rockford. There is no minimum fund-raising requirement, and no registration fee to participate in this event. A walk flier is available at http://www.afsp.org/files/Field_Staff/Rockford_Walk_Flier.pdf.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue