- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Out of the Darkness Rockford Community Walk for suicide prevention Sept. 10
Suicide is the 11th leading cause of death in the United States. A walk to save lives, the Out of the Darkness Rockford Community Walk will be held Saturday, Sept. 10, at Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, Rockford. Check-in is at 10 a.m.; the walk will begin at 11 a.m.
You can walk to raise awareness, and help reduce the stigma of depression, bipolar disorder and other mood disorders, and suicide. Walk to honor a loved one, and to support the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Register online now at http://asfp.donordrive.com/event/rockford. There is no minimum fund-raising requirement, and no registration fee to participate in this event. A walk flier is available at http://www.afsp.org/files/Field_Staff/Rockford_Walk_Flier.pdf.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue