- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Schroepfer awarded scholarship at SDSU
Michael Schroepfer, of Pecatonica, Ill., was awarded the 3M Scholarship in Mechanical Engineering for the 2011-2012 academic year at South Dakota State University (SDSU).
Schroepfer is a senior majoring in mechanical engineering at SDSU, where he is active in Shotokan Karate, ASME, Tau Beta Pi, Pi Tau Sigma, intramural football and flying. He is the son of Kenneth and Colleen Schroepfer of Pecatonica and is a 2006 home-school graduate.
The Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing plants in Brookings and Aberdeen, S.D., provide the 3M scholarships. The plant in Brookings was the first 3M plant built to specifically manufacture health care products. The assistance from 3M is used to help attract some of the brightest students in the state for college and to assist science education at a time when shortages of sciences graduates are predicted nationwide.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue