- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Whitetails Unlimited fund-raising event set for Sept. 22
Whitetails Unlimited (WTU) is sponsoring the Rockford Area Banquet Thursday, Sept. 22, at Lino’s, 5611 E. State St., Rockford. This special event will feature a chicken parmigiana dinner, auction and prizes with an array of products such as firearms, outfitter packages, hunting and outdoor related equipment, artwork and collectibles only available at WTU events. Proceeds from this fund-raising event will go toward local youth conservation projects.
The social hour begins at 5:30 p.m. with dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are $40 each, $20 for a spouse, or $20 for children age 15 and younger. Ticket order deadline is Sept. 15, and tickets will not be sold at the door.
To order tickets locally, call Pete Blassage at (815) 289-4834, or WTU National Headquarters at (800) 274-5471, or go online at www.whitetailsunlimited.com.
Founded in 1982, Whitetails Unlimited is a national nonprofit conservation organization. Its mission is to raise funds in support of education, habitat enhancement and acquisition, and the preservation of the hunting tradition for the benefit of the whitetailed deer and other wildlife. When it comes to the whitetail and its environment, WTU’s degree of professionalism and dedication has earned it the reputation of being the nation’s premier whitetail organization.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue