- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
WLUV Country Radio celebrates anniversary with picnic Aug. 28
• Celebration includes live music, free picnic offering
WLUV (1520 AM) Country Radio will celebrate its 49th anniversary with a picnic from 1 to 5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 28, outside the WLUV radio station, 2272 Elmwood Road, Loves Park. The station will be broadcasting live country, bluegrass and gospel music.
Bands and single performers are welcome to play or sing live on WLUV Radio. Sign in at 12:30 p.m. See Bruce Nelson to get on the schedule.
The public is invited to the picnic offering of free hot dogs, chips and pop outside on the grounds. Bring lawn chairs. People can visit inside the station and have a piece of free anniversary cake.
Manager Joe Salvi invites everyone to help celebrate his 49 years of being on the air. For more information, call (815) 877-9588.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue