- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
WLUV Country Radio celebrates anniversary with picnic Aug. 28
• Celebration includes live music, free picnic offering
WLUV (1520 AM) Country Radio will celebrate its 49th anniversary with a picnic from 1 to 5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 28, outside the WLUV radio station, 2272 Elmwood Road, Loves Park. The station will be broadcasting live country, bluegrass and gospel music.
Bands and single performers are welcome to play or sing live on WLUV Radio. Sign in at 12:30 p.m. See Bruce Nelson to get on the schedule.
The public is invited to the picnic offering of free hot dogs, chips and pop outside on the grounds. Bring lawn chairs. People can visit inside the station and have a piece of free anniversary cake.
Manager Joe Salvi invites everyone to help celebrate his 49 years of being on the air. For more information, call (815) 877-9588.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue