- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
WLUV Country Radio celebrates anniversary with picnic Aug. 28
• Celebration includes live music, free picnic offering
WLUV (1520 AM) Country Radio will celebrate its 49th anniversary with a picnic from 1 to 5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 28, outside the WLUV radio station, 2272 Elmwood Road, Loves Park. The station will be broadcasting live country, bluegrass and gospel music.
Bands and single performers are welcome to play or sing live on WLUV Radio. Sign in at 12:30 p.m. See Bruce Nelson to get on the schedule.
The public is invited to the picnic offering of free hot dogs, chips and pop outside on the grounds. Bring lawn chairs. People can visit inside the station and have a piece of free anniversary cake.
Manager Joe Salvi invites everyone to help celebrate his 49 years of being on the air. For more information, call (815) 877-9588.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue