- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
WLUV Country Radio celebrates anniversary with picnic Aug. 28
• Celebration includes live music, free picnic offering
WLUV (1520 AM) Country Radio will celebrate its 49th anniversary with a picnic from 1 to 5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 28, outside the WLUV radio station, 2272 Elmwood Road, Loves Park. The station will be broadcasting live country, bluegrass and gospel music.
Bands and single performers are welcome to play or sing live on WLUV Radio. Sign in at 12:30 p.m. See Bruce Nelson to get on the schedule.
The public is invited to the picnic offering of free hot dogs, chips and pop outside on the grounds. Bring lawn chairs. People can visit inside the station and have a piece of free anniversary cake.
Manager Joe Salvi invites everyone to help celebrate his 49 years of being on the air. For more information, call (815) 877-9588.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue