- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
WLUV Country Radio celebrates anniversary with picnic Aug. 28
• Celebration includes live music, free picnic offering
WLUV (1520 AM) Country Radio will celebrate its 49th anniversary with a picnic from 1 to 5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 28, outside the WLUV radio station, 2272 Elmwood Road, Loves Park. The station will be broadcasting live country, bluegrass and gospel music.
Bands and single performers are welcome to play or sing live on WLUV Radio. Sign in at 12:30 p.m. See Bruce Nelson to get on the schedule.
The public is invited to the picnic offering of free hot dogs, chips and pop outside on the grounds. Bring lawn chairs. People can visit inside the station and have a piece of free anniversary cake.
Manager Joe Salvi invites everyone to help celebrate his 49 years of being on the air. For more information, call (815) 877-9588.
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue