- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Obituary: Jane Justine Loveland (1922-2011)
Jane Justine Loveland, born in Earlville, Ill., Aug. 25, 1922, passed away suddenly in Seal Beach, Calif., on Aug. 20, 2011, at the age of 88.
Her parents Egidi and Justine (Wassler) Bauer came from Germany. She had two sisters, Margaret Hecathorn of Earlville, Ill., and Lucille Bardoner of Clarion, Iowa.
Jane married John J. Loveland on June 1, 1957, in Bowling Green, Mo. She was a member of the United Methodist Church in Oregon, Ill. She was employed as a Postal Clerk at Oregon Post Office for 40 years, retiring in 1985. Jane was a resident of Oregon, IL. until 2006, when she moved to Seal Beach, Calif., to be near her son.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and sisters. She is survived by her son, Mark (Gail) Loveland, and granddaughter Michelle of Garden Grove, CA.
A Memorial service will be held at 10 a.m., Saturday, Sept.17, 2011, at Earlville United Methodist Church, 313 Stilson St., in Earlville, Ill, with Pastor Cheri Stewart officiating. Burial of her urn will follow in St. Theresa Catholic Cemetery Earlville on the family plot. For more information or to sign the online guestbook, go to www.EighnerFuneralHomes.com.
From the Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 2011, issue