- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Obituary: Jane Justine Loveland (1922-2011)
Jane Justine Loveland, born in Earlville, Ill., Aug. 25, 1922, passed away suddenly in Seal Beach, Calif., on Aug. 20, 2011, at the age of 88.
Her parents Egidi and Justine (Wassler) Bauer came from Germany. She had two sisters, Margaret Hecathorn of Earlville, Ill., and Lucille Bardoner of Clarion, Iowa.
Jane married John J. Loveland on June 1, 1957, in Bowling Green, Mo. She was a member of the United Methodist Church in Oregon, Ill. She was employed as a Postal Clerk at Oregon Post Office for 40 years, retiring in 1985. Jane was a resident of Oregon, IL. until 2006, when she moved to Seal Beach, Calif., to be near her son.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and sisters. She is survived by her son, Mark (Gail) Loveland, and granddaughter Michelle of Garden Grove, CA.
A Memorial service will be held at 10 a.m., Saturday, Sept.17, 2011, at Earlville United Methodist Church, 313 Stilson St., in Earlville, Ill, with Pastor Cheri Stewart officiating. Burial of her urn will follow in St. Theresa Catholic Cemetery Earlville on the family plot. For more information or to sign the online guestbook, go to www.EighnerFuneralHomes.com.
From the Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 2011, issue