- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Obituary: Jane Justine Loveland (1922-2011)
Jane Justine Loveland, born in Earlville, Ill., Aug. 25, 1922, passed away suddenly in Seal Beach, Calif., on Aug. 20, 2011, at the age of 88.
Her parents Egidi and Justine (Wassler) Bauer came from Germany. She had two sisters, Margaret Hecathorn of Earlville, Ill., and Lucille Bardoner of Clarion, Iowa.
Jane married John J. Loveland on June 1, 1957, in Bowling Green, Mo. She was a member of the United Methodist Church in Oregon, Ill. She was employed as a Postal Clerk at Oregon Post Office for 40 years, retiring in 1985. Jane was a resident of Oregon, IL. until 2006, when she moved to Seal Beach, Calif., to be near her son.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and sisters. She is survived by her son, Mark (Gail) Loveland, and granddaughter Michelle of Garden Grove, CA.
A Memorial service will be held at 10 a.m., Saturday, Sept.17, 2011, at Earlville United Methodist Church, 313 Stilson St., in Earlville, Ill, with Pastor Cheri Stewart officiating. Burial of her urn will follow in St. Theresa Catholic Cemetery Earlville on the family plot. For more information or to sign the online guestbook, go to www.EighnerFuneralHomes.com.
From the Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 2011, issue