- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
New program coordinator at Hospice and Grief Center
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center congratulates Sheila O’Leary on her promotion to volunteer program coordinator.
In her new position, O’Leary is responsible for the recruitment, training, development and scheduling of the agency’s 165 hospice volunteers.
O’Leary joined Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center in 1993 as a volunteer and became a volunteer program staff member in March 2008. Her professional background includes social services, education, staff development, training and facilitation experiences in a variety of settings. She has a bachelor’s degree in secondary education from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a master’s degree in human services from St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas.
From the Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 2011, issue