- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
New program coordinator at Hospice and Grief Center
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center congratulates Sheila O’Leary on her promotion to volunteer program coordinator.
In her new position, O’Leary is responsible for the recruitment, training, development and scheduling of the agency’s 165 hospice volunteers.
O’Leary joined Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center in 1993 as a volunteer and became a volunteer program staff member in March 2008. Her professional background includes social services, education, staff development, training and facilitation experiences in a variety of settings. She has a bachelor’s degree in secondary education from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a master’s degree in human services from St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas.
From the Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 2011, issue