- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
New program coordinator at Hospice and Grief Center
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center congratulates Sheila O’Leary on her promotion to volunteer program coordinator.
In her new position, O’Leary is responsible for the recruitment, training, development and scheduling of the agency’s 165 hospice volunteers.
O’Leary joined Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center in 1993 as a volunteer and became a volunteer program staff member in March 2008. Her professional background includes social services, education, staff development, training and facilitation experiences in a variety of settings. She has a bachelor’s degree in secondary education from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a master’s degree in human services from St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas.
From the Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 2011, issue