- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
New program coordinator at Hospice and Grief Center
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center congratulates Sheila O’Leary on her promotion to volunteer program coordinator.
In her new position, O’Leary is responsible for the recruitment, training, development and scheduling of the agency’s 165 hospice volunteers.
O’Leary joined Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center in 1993 as a volunteer and became a volunteer program staff member in March 2008. Her professional background includes social services, education, staff development, training and facilitation experiences in a variety of settings. She has a bachelor’s degree in secondary education from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a master’s degree in human services from St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas.
From the Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 2011, issue