- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
New program coordinator at Hospice and Grief Center
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center congratulates Sheila O’Leary on her promotion to volunteer program coordinator.
In her new position, O’Leary is responsible for the recruitment, training, development and scheduling of the agency’s 165 hospice volunteers.
O’Leary joined Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center in 1993 as a volunteer and became a volunteer program staff member in March 2008. Her professional background includes social services, education, staff development, training and facilitation experiences in a variety of settings. She has a bachelor’s degree in secondary education from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a master’s degree in human services from St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas.
From the Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 2011, issue