Rockford Park District’s Forest City Queen weekend on the Rock!
Spend Labor Day weekend on the Rock with the Forest City Queen riverboat. The Rockford Park District offers the area’s first Water Taxi & Tours as a way to travel up and down the Rock River over Labor Day weekend. The Forest City Queen Water Taxi & Tours kicks off Friday, Sept. 2, with the first water taxi shuttle leaving Martin Park boat dock at 4:30 p.m. and dropping off at Beattie Park boat dock, 401 N. Main St., Rockford, just steps away from On the Waterfront.
Hours are: Friday, 4:30-11:15 p.m.; Saturday, 3:30-11:45 p.m.; Sunday, 3:30-10:15 p.m. Forest City Queen Water Taxi & Tours will operate on a set schedule; please try to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
Cost is $2 round trip, $5 for a 3-day pass; free for kids age 4 and younger.
No reservation is required. Purchase tickets from the captain on the boat. Cash only. First-come, first-served basis.
How Water Taxi & Tours works:
• Park for free at Martin Park and take the Forest City Queen to Beattie Park to avoid trying to find a parking space.
• 30-minute ride each way
• Rides include narrated tour about the sights along the Rock River.
Water Taxi & Tours amenities:
• Snacks and refreshments are available for purchase.
• Forest City Queen is accessible for persons with disabilities.
• Baby strollers are welcome aboard.
Water Taxi & Tours rules:
• No alcoholic beverages are allowed on board.
• No smoking is permitted during ride.
• There is no restroom available on the Forest City Queen.
Information about the Forest City Queen Water Taxi & Tours will be available soon at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org.
Forest City Queen Water Taxi & Tours is the official Water Taxi & Tour provider of On the Waterfront.
For more information, contact Jay Sandine, deputy director of operations, at (815) 289-0747 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 2011, issue
Print This Article