- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Scott Holt to teach master guitar clinic, perform Sept. 1
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts presents blues guitar genius Scott Holt, who will offer his master guitar class at 4 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 1, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
Holt leads a nationally-touring blues/roots band, and is widely regarded as one of the most talented guitar players touring now. He began his career as Buddy Guy’s band leader. After 10 years on the road with Buddy, he hit the road making his own music.
The class will take place from 4 to 5 p.m. and is limited to eight students. Cost is $75 per student.
In addition to an hour of semi-private instruction, each student will receive a full-color booklet and a signed copy of Holt’s newest CD release.
The Scott Holt Band will be performing at the Adriatic Café, 327 W. Jefferson St., Thursday night, Sept. 1. Check out his music and biographical information at www.scottholt.com.
Reservations are available by calling (815) 964-2238 (leave a message with your call-back number) and by credit card at www.snapshotmusic.com via PayPal, ($1/reservation processing fee included). Print your receipt to present it at the door and verify your reservation.
From the Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 2011, issue