- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Scott Holt to teach master guitar clinic, perform Sept. 1
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts presents blues guitar genius Scott Holt, who will offer his master guitar class at 4 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 1, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
Holt leads a nationally-touring blues/roots band, and is widely regarded as one of the most talented guitar players touring now. He began his career as Buddy Guy’s band leader. After 10 years on the road with Buddy, he hit the road making his own music.
The class will take place from 4 to 5 p.m. and is limited to eight students. Cost is $75 per student.
In addition to an hour of semi-private instruction, each student will receive a full-color booklet and a signed copy of Holt’s newest CD release.
The Scott Holt Band will be performing at the Adriatic Café, 327 W. Jefferson St., Thursday night, Sept. 1. Check out his music and biographical information at www.scottholt.com.
Reservations are available by calling (815) 964-2238 (leave a message with your call-back number) and by credit card at www.snapshotmusic.com via PayPal, ($1/reservation processing fee included). Print your receipt to present it at the door and verify your reservation.
From the Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 2011, issue