- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Scott Holt to teach master guitar clinic, perform Sept. 1
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts presents blues guitar genius Scott Holt, who will offer his master guitar class at 4 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 1, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
Holt leads a nationally-touring blues/roots band, and is widely regarded as one of the most talented guitar players touring now. He began his career as Buddy Guy’s band leader. After 10 years on the road with Buddy, he hit the road making his own music.
The class will take place from 4 to 5 p.m. and is limited to eight students. Cost is $75 per student.
In addition to an hour of semi-private instruction, each student will receive a full-color booklet and a signed copy of Holt’s newest CD release.
The Scott Holt Band will be performing at the Adriatic Café, 327 W. Jefferson St., Thursday night, Sept. 1. Check out his music and biographical information at www.scottholt.com.
Reservations are available by calling (815) 964-2238 (leave a message with your call-back number) and by credit card at www.snapshotmusic.com via PayPal, ($1/reservation processing fee included). Print your receipt to present it at the door and verify your reservation.
From the Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 2011, issue