- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Kimberly Wheeler Johnsen joins NLI staff
Jerry Paulson, executive director of Natural Land Institute (NLI), announced that Kimberly Wheeler Johnsen joined the NLI staff as director of Membership and Marketing.
The former River District Association executive director’s new job will include membership and sponsorship development, public relations and marketing activities, coordination of special events and programs, community outreach and volunteer recruitment. Johnsen will manage NLI communications through news releases, newsletters, e-newsletters, website, social media, public speaking and expos.
“I am thrilled to embark on a new phase of my life working for an organization such as Natural Land Institute that works to preserve natural areas and to restore habitats for wildlife,” Johnsen said. “I love promoting a good cause, and this position fits my passion and skills perfectly.”
For the past year, Johnsen worked as an account executive for WTVO Channel 17. While she appreciates the experience and opportunity to work with businesses and organizations to promote their products and services through on-air and online platforms, Johnsen said, “I am delighted to be back working in downtown Rockford inside an historic home in the beautiful National Register Historic District of Haight Village.”
For more information about upcoming events, membership, sponsorship and volunteer opportunities, contact Johnsen at email@example.com or (815) 289-1102.
From the Sept. 7-13, 2011, issue