- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
- Halberstadt: Pet peeve: NFL should take action on long hair
- Meet John Doe: Illinois’ minimum wage ballot question will bring voters to the polls
- First case of Ebola confirmed in the United States
- Tech-Friendly: Bending iPhones and iOS 8.0.2 update
- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
Kimberly Wheeler Johnsen joins NLI staff
Jerry Paulson, executive director of Natural Land Institute (NLI), announced that Kimberly Wheeler Johnsen joined the NLI staff as director of Membership and Marketing.
The former River District Association executive director’s new job will include membership and sponsorship development, public relations and marketing activities, coordination of special events and programs, community outreach and volunteer recruitment. Johnsen will manage NLI communications through news releases, newsletters, e-newsletters, website, social media, public speaking and expos.
“I am thrilled to embark on a new phase of my life working for an organization such as Natural Land Institute that works to preserve natural areas and to restore habitats for wildlife,” Johnsen said. “I love promoting a good cause, and this position fits my passion and skills perfectly.”
For the past year, Johnsen worked as an account executive for WTVO Channel 17. While she appreciates the experience and opportunity to work with businesses and organizations to promote their products and services through on-air and online platforms, Johnsen said, “I am delighted to be back working in downtown Rockford inside an historic home in the beautiful National Register Historic District of Haight Village.”
For more information about upcoming events, membership, sponsorship and volunteer opportunities, contact Johnsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 289-1102.
From the Sept. 7-13, 2011, issue