- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Kimberly Wheeler Johnsen joins NLI staff
Jerry Paulson, executive director of Natural Land Institute (NLI), announced that Kimberly Wheeler Johnsen joined the NLI staff as director of Membership and Marketing.
The former River District Association executive director’s new job will include membership and sponsorship development, public relations and marketing activities, coordination of special events and programs, community outreach and volunteer recruitment. Johnsen will manage NLI communications through news releases, newsletters, e-newsletters, website, social media, public speaking and expos.
“I am thrilled to embark on a new phase of my life working for an organization such as Natural Land Institute that works to preserve natural areas and to restore habitats for wildlife,” Johnsen said. “I love promoting a good cause, and this position fits my passion and skills perfectly.”
For the past year, Johnsen worked as an account executive for WTVO Channel 17. While she appreciates the experience and opportunity to work with businesses and organizations to promote their products and services through on-air and online platforms, Johnsen said, “I am delighted to be back working in downtown Rockford inside an historic home in the beautiful National Register Historic District of Haight Village.”
For more information about upcoming events, membership, sponsorship and volunteer opportunities, contact Johnsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 289-1102.
From the Sept. 7-13, 2011, issue