- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Kimberly Wheeler Johnsen joins NLI staff
Jerry Paulson, executive director of Natural Land Institute (NLI), announced that Kimberly Wheeler Johnsen joined the NLI staff as director of Membership and Marketing.
The former River District Association executive director’s new job will include membership and sponsorship development, public relations and marketing activities, coordination of special events and programs, community outreach and volunteer recruitment. Johnsen will manage NLI communications through news releases, newsletters, e-newsletters, website, social media, public speaking and expos.
“I am thrilled to embark on a new phase of my life working for an organization such as Natural Land Institute that works to preserve natural areas and to restore habitats for wildlife,” Johnsen said. “I love promoting a good cause, and this position fits my passion and skills perfectly.”
For the past year, Johnsen worked as an account executive for WTVO Channel 17. While she appreciates the experience and opportunity to work with businesses and organizations to promote their products and services through on-air and online platforms, Johnsen said, “I am delighted to be back working in downtown Rockford inside an historic home in the beautiful National Register Historic District of Haight Village.”
For more information about upcoming events, membership, sponsorship and volunteer opportunities, contact Johnsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 289-1102.
From the Sept. 7-13, 2011, issue