- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
Literary Hook: In Print hosts book fair Sept. 10 at Barnes and Noble
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
The In Print Professional Writers Group will offer “A World of Words: In Print” from 1 to 7 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 10, at Barnes and Noble, CherryVale Mall, 7200 Harrison, Rockford.
Featured book fair events include guest authors, book signings, readings, demonstrations and children’s events.
Go to InPrintWriters.com for more detailed information.
Especially for poetry folks, here is the poetry schedule:
1:30-2:30 p.m. — Susanna Lang book signing
2:30-3:30 p.m. — Poetry readings
3:30-4:30 p.m. — Poetry discussion
4:30-5:30 p.m. — Christine Swanberg book signing
In Print is a professional writers’ organization promoting creativity, commerce, craft and the community of writers (inprintwriters.com) and is an affiliate of the Chicago Writers Association (chicagowrites.org/).
In Print meets on the second Saturday of every month from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Cherry Valley Public Library (755 E. State St., Cherry Valley, 815-332-5161). Meetings include keynote speakers, workshops, critique sessions, writing prompts, editing services, and networking for published and unpublished writers of all genres. Members receive a calendar of conferences, contests and classes; a referral list of agents, and a monthly newsletter.
Yearly dues are $30. Guests may attend two meetings before joining. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Hope to see you at the book fair!
Christine Swanberg has published about 300 poems in 70 journals and anthologies. Her books include Who Walks Among the Trees with Charity (Wind Publishing, Kentucky), The Red Lacquer Room (Chiron Publishing, Kansas), The Tenderness of Memory (Plainview Press, Texas), Slow Miracle (Lakeshore Publishing, Illinois), Invisible String (Erie St., Illinois), Bread Upon the Waters (Windfall, Wisconsin) and Tonight on this Late Road (Erie St., Illinois).
From the Sept. 7-13, 2011, issue