- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Literary Hook: In Print hosts book fair Sept. 10 at Barnes and Noble
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
The In Print Professional Writers Group will offer “A World of Words: In Print” from 1 to 7 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 10, at Barnes and Noble, CherryVale Mall, 7200 Harrison, Rockford.
Featured book fair events include guest authors, book signings, readings, demonstrations and children’s events.
Go to InPrintWriters.com for more detailed information.
Especially for poetry folks, here is the poetry schedule:
1:30-2:30 p.m. — Susanna Lang book signing
2:30-3:30 p.m. — Poetry readings
3:30-4:30 p.m. — Poetry discussion
4:30-5:30 p.m. — Christine Swanberg book signing
In Print is a professional writers’ organization promoting creativity, commerce, craft and the community of writers (inprintwriters.com) and is an affiliate of the Chicago Writers Association (chicagowrites.org/).
In Print meets on the second Saturday of every month from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Cherry Valley Public Library (755 E. State St., Cherry Valley, 815-332-5161). Meetings include keynote speakers, workshops, critique sessions, writing prompts, editing services, and networking for published and unpublished writers of all genres. Members receive a calendar of conferences, contests and classes; a referral list of agents, and a monthly newsletter.
Yearly dues are $30. Guests may attend two meetings before joining. Contact email@example.com for more details.
Hope to see you at the book fair!
Christine Swanberg has published about 300 poems in 70 journals and anthologies. Her books include Who Walks Among the Trees with Charity (Wind Publishing, Kentucky), The Red Lacquer Room (Chiron Publishing, Kansas), The Tenderness of Memory (Plainview Press, Texas), Slow Miracle (Lakeshore Publishing, Illinois), Invisible String (Erie St., Illinois), Bread Upon the Waters (Windfall, Wisconsin) and Tonight on this Late Road (Erie St., Illinois).
From the Sept. 7-13, 2011, issue