- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
Biking for the Arts local arts fund-raiser set for Sept. 11
Online Staff Report
Bike for the Arts (BART) is Sunday, Sept. 11, 2011.
BART is the first collaborative fund-raiser of Rockford Dance Company; Rockford Symphony Orchestra; Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center; and Kantorei, the Singing Boys of Rockford, and features three scenic rides within Winnebago County.
Rides include a 5-mile family fun ride, a 35-mile ride, and a 64-mile ride. Registration for adults is $35 in advance or $40 the day of the ride. Children younger than 12 participating in the family ride are $15 in advance and $20 the day of the ride. T-shirts are included with each reservation, while supplies last. Nearly 500 riders are expected to participate in this inaugural event.
All routes will begin and end at the Riverfront Museum Park. Riders participating in the 64-mile ride will start between 7 and 8 a.m.; riders for the 35-mile ride between 8 and 9 a.m.; riders in the 5-mile Family Fun Rider will have a group start at 10:30 a.m.
Musical performances will be held in conjunction with the rides, and a large party for all participants will be held at the Riverfront Museum Park at the end of the rides. The party is open to the public, and family and friends of riders are encouraged to attend.
In addition to celebrating the ride, all party-goers will have the opportunity to commemorate the 9/11 anniversary. Dani Maxwell of WREX Channel 13 will emcee the event.
Registration and more information can be found on the BART website, www.BikeForTheArts.com. Photos of the route are available to be viewed on the BART Facebook page.