- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Biking for the Arts local arts fund-raiser set for Sept. 11
Online Staff Report
Bike for the Arts (BART) is Sunday, Sept. 11, 2011.
BART is the first collaborative fund-raiser of Rockford Dance Company; Rockford Symphony Orchestra; Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center; and Kantorei, the Singing Boys of Rockford, and features three scenic rides within Winnebago County.
Rides include a 5-mile family fun ride, a 35-mile ride, and a 64-mile ride. Registration for adults is $35 in advance or $40 the day of the ride. Children younger than 12 participating in the family ride are $15 in advance and $20 the day of the ride. T-shirts are included with each reservation, while supplies last. Nearly 500 riders are expected to participate in this inaugural event.
All routes will begin and end at the Riverfront Museum Park. Riders participating in the 64-mile ride will start between 7 and 8 a.m.; riders for the 35-mile ride between 8 and 9 a.m.; riders in the 5-mile Family Fun Rider will have a group start at 10:30 a.m.
Musical performances will be held in conjunction with the rides, and a large party for all participants will be held at the Riverfront Museum Park at the end of the rides. The party is open to the public, and family and friends of riders are encouraged to attend.
In addition to celebrating the ride, all party-goers will have the opportunity to commemorate the 9/11 anniversary. Dani Maxwell of WREX Channel 13 will emcee the event.
Registration and more information can be found on the BART website, www.BikeForTheArts.com. Photos of the route are available to be viewed on the BART Facebook page.