- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Timber Lake Arts & Music Festival set for Sept. 10
Online Staff Report
MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Timber Lake Playhouse (TLP) in Mount Carroll, Ill., will host its first arts and music festival from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 10. The event serves as the culmination of the theater’s 50th anniversary season.
The Timber Lake Playhouse Arts & Music Festival will highlight musical talent from around the area, with different performances every hour inside the air-conditioned theater. The schedule of performers is as follows:
11 a.m. — Ryan Getz, grandson of TLP founder Donald Mackay, of Mount Carroll
Noon — Bruce Cort of Mount Carroll
1 p.m. — Joe Morrow of Mount Carroll
2 p.m. — Susie Rogers of Mount Carroll
3 p.m. — Andrew Remillard and Edgar Swarthout, piano duet of Chicago
4 p.m. — Dave Cuckler of Mount Carroll
5 p.m. — Marques Morel of Mount Carroll
6 p.m. — Dana French & Friends of The Blue Hearts Band, Chicago
7 p.m. — TBA
8 p.m. — Ray Rose and End of the Road Band of Chadwick
An advance day pass for entertainment is $5 and can be purchased online at www.timberlakeplayhouse.org or by calling (815) 244-2035. Otherwise, passes can be purchased for $10 at the door the day of the event. Timber Lake Playhouse is at 8215 Black Oak Road in Mount Carroll.
The Timber Lake Playhouse Arts & Music Festival will also showcase a variety of local visual and culinary artists, as well as handmade crafts from around the region. The playhouse is still accepting art and food vendor applications. Booth space is $25 for an individual or organization for space in front of the theater on the day of the event. For more details, call the TLP Box Office at (815) 244-2035 between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily, or e-mail email@example.com.