- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Treasure Hunters Roadshow Sept. 13-17 at Rockford Holiday Inn
Online Staff Report
International Collectors Association will host a Treasure Hunters Roadshow Sept. 13-17 at Holiday Inn, 7550 E. State St., Rockford.
Hours are 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Tuesday-Friday, Sept. 13-16; and 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 17. Admission is free.
Locals will have a chance to talk to antique and collectible experts. Treasure hunters are hoping to see items such as coins and paper currency issued prior to 1965, toys, dolls, trains, vintage jewelry, old and modern musical instruments, war memorabilia, gold and silver jewelry, costume jewelry, advertising memorabilia, swords, knives, daggers and the unusual.
Treasure hunters make offers based on what collectors are willing to pay. When someone decides to sell, they get paid on the spot, and treasure hunters send the item to the collector at their expense.
Call (217) 726-7590 for more details.