- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Treasure Hunters Roadshow Sept. 13-17 at Rockford Holiday Inn
Online Staff Report
International Collectors Association will host a Treasure Hunters Roadshow Sept. 13-17 at Holiday Inn, 7550 E. State St., Rockford.
Hours are 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Tuesday-Friday, Sept. 13-16; and 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 17. Admission is free.
Locals will have a chance to talk to antique and collectible experts. Treasure hunters are hoping to see items such as coins and paper currency issued prior to 1965, toys, dolls, trains, vintage jewelry, old and modern musical instruments, war memorabilia, gold and silver jewelry, costume jewelry, advertising memorabilia, swords, knives, daggers and the unusual.
Treasure hunters make offers based on what collectors are willing to pay. When someone decides to sell, they get paid on the spot, and treasure hunters send the item to the collector at their expense.
Call (217) 726-7590 for more details.