- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Treasure Hunters Roadshow Sept. 13-17 at Rockford Holiday Inn
Online Staff Report
International Collectors Association will host a Treasure Hunters Roadshow Sept. 13-17 at Holiday Inn, 7550 E. State St., Rockford.
Hours are 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Tuesday-Friday, Sept. 13-16; and 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 17. Admission is free.
Locals will have a chance to talk to antique and collectible experts. Treasure hunters are hoping to see items such as coins and paper currency issued prior to 1965, toys, dolls, trains, vintage jewelry, old and modern musical instruments, war memorabilia, gold and silver jewelry, costume jewelry, advertising memorabilia, swords, knives, daggers and the unusual.
Treasure hunters make offers based on what collectors are willing to pay. When someone decides to sell, they get paid on the spot, and treasure hunters send the item to the collector at their expense.
Call (217) 726-7590 for more details.