- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Treasure Hunters Roadshow Sept. 13-17 at Rockford Holiday Inn
Online Staff Report
International Collectors Association will host a Treasure Hunters Roadshow Sept. 13-17 at Holiday Inn, 7550 E. State St., Rockford.
Hours are 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Tuesday-Friday, Sept. 13-16; and 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 17. Admission is free.
Locals will have a chance to talk to antique and collectible experts. Treasure hunters are hoping to see items such as coins and paper currency issued prior to 1965, toys, dolls, trains, vintage jewelry, old and modern musical instruments, war memorabilia, gold and silver jewelry, costume jewelry, advertising memorabilia, swords, knives, daggers and the unusual.
Treasure hunters make offers based on what collectors are willing to pay. When someone decides to sell, they get paid on the spot, and treasure hunters send the item to the collector at their expense.
Call (217) 726-7590 for more details.