- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
Treasure Hunters Roadshow Sept. 13-17 at Rockford Holiday Inn
Online Staff Report
International Collectors Association will host a Treasure Hunters Roadshow Sept. 13-17 at Holiday Inn, 7550 E. State St., Rockford.
Hours are 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Tuesday-Friday, Sept. 13-16; and 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 17. Admission is free.
Locals will have a chance to talk to antique and collectible experts. Treasure hunters are hoping to see items such as coins and paper currency issued prior to 1965, toys, dolls, trains, vintage jewelry, old and modern musical instruments, war memorabilia, gold and silver jewelry, costume jewelry, advertising memorabilia, swords, knives, daggers and the unusual.
Treasure hunters make offers based on what collectors are willing to pay. When someone decides to sell, they get paid on the spot, and treasure hunters send the item to the collector at their expense.
Call (217) 726-7590 for more details.