- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Ogle County needs CASA volunteers
As the vice president of the CASA board, I would like to urge the citizens of Ogle County to consider becoming a CASA volunteer. CASA serves the children of Lee, Ogle and Carroll counties. Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) are trained individuals that are appointed by a judge to represent the best interests of a child in court. These children are at risk because of abuse and neglect in situations they do not deserve to be in. A CASA volunteer provides a judge with factual information regarding the child to help the court make positive decisions for the child’s future.
As you can imagine, our CASA board is working hard to keep a balanced budget. Throughout the year, we do many fund-raisers to keep this program going for the child’s sake. Oct. 15, we are hosting our CASA Celebrity Waiter Gala at the Oregon Country Club. This event includes local “celebrity waiters” to serve dinner and drinks to their table of CASA supporters. All tip proceeds go to CASA. It’s a fun, entertaining night. If anyone would like more information regarding this event, please call me at (815) 732-2908.
Please consider becoming involved with this worthy program. You can make the difference in the life of a child.
Ogle County Board Member
CASA Vice President
From the Sept. 14-20, 2011, issue